Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Blood Donor Screener - Knoxville, TN (Tues, April 21, 2020)
The Red Cross is continuing to collect blood from healthy individuals during this challenging time by taking extra precautions with screening our blood donors and we are looking for volunteer Blood Donor Screeners.
Blood Donor Screeners greet donors, provide excellent customer service, and manage donor flow at the temp taking station to ensure that donors passing the temp screen are permitted access. This position serves as a gatekeeper by providing additional screening the American Red Cross has implemented in the interest of the safety of the blood supply, recipients, other donors, staff, volunteers and general public health regarding COVID-2019 outbreak.
Blood Donor Screeners will use the following supplies:
- Thermometer and probe covers, if applicable
- Trash basket
- Hand sanitizer
- Sani-cloths or Cavi-cide
In addition, Blood Screeners will:
- Wear gloves at all times and change them between each donor
- Use a new probe cover on an electronic thermometer or a new disposable thermometer for each donor
- Check to see if the donor's temperature is acceptable
- Advise the donor, if above 99.5 degrees, to defer from donating on current day
- Clean the electronic thermometer, probe and probe wiring between each person with Sani-cloth or Cavi-cide
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: