Age Minimum (with Adult):15+, Minimum Age:16+
ReStore- Clothing Sorter
Job Description: Volunteer ReStore Cashier/ Front Desk Associate
Volunteer Reports to: ReStore Director, Sandy Savage
Summary: Knoxville Habitat for Humanity ReStore Clothing Sorters will assist store staff with the day to day operations of the clothing area of the store. They will work with staff to distribute merchanse and sort donations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Greet Customers and provide great customer service
- Sort, price and hang clothing
- Assist with keeping the clothng area clear of materials that may cause safety concerns
- Educate Customers about the mission of Habitat for Humanity
- Notify shoppers about joining the email list and/or upcoming events
- Must present a professional appearance and a friendly manner
- Must be dependable
- Great Communication Skills
- Be courteous and personable with dealing with the public
- Be self-directed, willing to take initiative, and detail oriented
- Respect and maintain confidentiality of Knoxville Habitat Volunteers, Partner Families, and donors
- Follow Donation Pricing Protocol
- Must attend Volunteer Orientation
- Must be available during operating Store Hours
- Must be able to volunteer at least one shift a month for at least 4 hours for a minimum of 6 months.
- Work experience
- Free refreshments
- A sense of fulfillment knowing that your volunteer service is helping to ensure that families in Knoxville will have a decent, affordable, and safe place to live.
- Ability to attend Volunteer functions such as Volunteer Picnic, CP Breakfast, etc
We can’t do it without the support of volunteers! Thank you for choosing Knoxville Habitat as your place to serve your community!
Login or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must login to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: