What is Give A Day Knoxville?
From September 2 - 8, businesses and residents from across the city and county alike will be invited to join thousands of neighbors, co-workers, family and friends to give their time to help others. Whether it’s cleaning up a school yard, giving blood or writing a check to United Way, any act of kindness will be tracked with the help from our friends at Volunteer East Tennessee.
Do I have to volunteer at one of the projects listed on your site?
While we would love for volunteers to choose one of the specific projects organizations in the area have posted, this day is all about helping the entire community! If you have something else in mind, just visit the "Report My Hours" tab on the home page and fill out the form in order for us to count your hours toward our total.
What if I don't have a lot of free time to complete one of these projects?
Don’t worry. There are still many ways you can share a simple act of kindness and have it count toward your participation. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Bring flowers to a senior citizen
- Pay for someone’s order in the drive through
- Offer your seat to a veteran
- Take a shelter dog for a walk
- Shop with or for an elderly friend
- Give blood
- Donate old clothes to Goodwill or KARM
- Offer a shoulder to someone who’s dealing with heartache
- Bring your neighbor’s paper to their door
- Read to a child
- Carry someone’s groceries to their car
- Donate to United Way of Greater Knoxville